Sunday, October 18, 2009

IN LOVE


I am in LOVE, I think.

About 3 months ago we got a new waitress. The first time I met her I immediately thought she was gay. Not to sound stereotypical but she is plain; no make-up, man's watch, baggy pants, you get it. I was immediately attracted to her.

Now that we've been working together for a while, I've gotten to know her better, and I like what I see! The problem: She is NOT gay.

She is a great girl, she works hard, she has a college degree, she's funny, basically she is all I look for in a girlfriend, well minus the straight thing of course!

I can get over the fact that she isn't into women. What I cannot stand is that her "boyfriend" is an asshole. He got fired from his job over 2 months ago and is pretty much using her. Like I've told her a million times "you can struggle all by yourself". I don't think he really understands what he has. I would treat her so much better than he is.

Yea, I know I shouldn't be thinking this way but I cannot help it. Just the fact that I am interested in someone and could actually picture a relationship tells me that I am finally over the EX and am ready to move on and find the one for me.

It's a big step for me. The EX crushed me and I never thought I'd ever get over her, but like everyone told me, it happened.

So even though this little fantasy I have in my head will never happen, it's definately a start for me to fall in love again and I cannot wait to be giddy and stupid in love!

2 comments:

  1. girls like this girl, and I'm one of them, are always tricking people into thinking they (we) are gay. Not on purpose. Just by nature of the way we look and act.

    Sometimes I feel like an asshole, like a fraud because I have short hair, I dress plainly (manly) and skip out on the makeup and fancy stuff in exchange for a pair of cargo pants or "slacks" and a Vneck sweater and a big watch and a pair of sneakers. Oh, and I do a lot of work for gay rights, and I go to a gay gym, and my best friends are gay. So, yeah.

    I'm aware that what I'm wearing is your guyses official uniform, but it's how I'm comfortable and how I've been dressing since I was 13 or 14 years old. (You know, when I played soccer and threw shotput, both very feminine things...).

    What am I trying to say here? I don't know. Just that I'm sorry you had to go through that and I'm sorry if she didn't take to your crush gracefully if she found out about it.
    But, I'm glad you got a practice round at love in. Sometimes it's okay if the first one after a big one doesn't go anywhere, I think.

    Big big love to you from the other side of Pennsylvania.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...I SO TOTALLY know what you are feeling because this same thing has happened to me.

    (several times)

    But, I've also had it happen that we were able to actually become good friends.

    it's definately a start for me to fall in love again and I cannot wait to be giddy and stupid in love!

    You GO, girl!

    You deserve it!

    Hope you're having a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete