Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Sugar bear

I wanted to set up my own blog just to see what would come out of my mouth and onto the paper (well so to speak). Now that I am actually trying to write a post I don't have any clue what to say! Go figure. Thats normal for me, the thoughts that are up inside of my head are always jumping around like circus freaks. It takes time to sort through and find the ones I want to explore. I am thrilled that I will be at the Steelers first game of the season with my father tomorrow night! I love my father and am looking forward to spending an unforgettable evening with him.
I am avid reader and I just finished Augusten Burrow's "A wolf at the table" and was reminded of how fortunate I am to have had a father who adored me. My dad used to call me his sugar bear when I was a little girl and till this day whenever he says those 2 little words I choke up and my eyes tear up. I cannot imagine my childhood, my life without him. He inspires me with his calm gentle ways. He has this wisdom that can only come from his having to grow up so early in life. I hope that he knows how remarkable he is to me and to the world. Someday when I have children of my own I hope that I can be as good a parent to them as my dad was and continues to be to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment