Saturday, March 20, 2010

5 more shifts....

Oh thank God I only have to work at that restaurant 5 more times! The "games" have begun. My bosses are two of the most spiteful people I have ever met, and last night their personality shown through.

It is lent. That means Fridays are crazy insane busy. We sell about 30 million pieces of fish, that may be an exageration but you get the idea. So to save myself and the other servers a few steps, I always make up cups of tartar and coctail ahead of time. Now I've been doing this since lent began a month or so ago. I put the sauces in little platic cups called souflee cups. I put lids on them so that I could stack them and so that no crumbs or shit get in them. My boss came up behind me as I finished the last one and took them. I said to him, "where are you taking them, I already made some up for the to go's these are for the servers"?. He proceeded to ream me a new asshole because I put lids on them. "A case of those lids cost $30". Ok whatever. I was pissed off, he took away all my sauces.

Other things happened throughout the night, like at one point every server was running around like a chicken with their heads cut off, and I was standing there with only 1 table. There was a line of people waiting to be seated and my whole section was empty. They refused to seat me until I took it upon myself and starting taking customers back and sat myself. The last and final straw that really had me infuriated was when toward the end when things are settling down and it was time to cut the floor. I had 1 table that was finishing up but instead of cutting me, they cut the "princess" who had a party of 18 that still hadn't eaten. WTF! I probably shouldve just walked out and told them to go fuck themselves but that is what they want me to do.

Pray for me people! I just might end up going to prison before I get to start my new job!

have a great weekend everybody and don't forget to tip your server!

2 comments:

  1. Just think how miserable they must be and then be grateful that you aren't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, just reading this makes me furious!!!!

    Well, think of it this way....

    ..they're being eating alive with spiteful ENVY!

    HA!

    Have a grrrrrrrrrreat weekend, girl!

    X

    ReplyDelete