Monday, November 30, 2009

Best Show EVER


OMG, that was the BEST live performance I have ever seen! To say that I loved it isn't giving it enough justice! I was entranced for the entire show, it was just wonderful! I'm usually not much of a Christmas kinda gal but the Rockettes definately got me "in the mood" in more ways than one!

Ok maybe that was saying too much! But if you have the chance to see these high kicking, dancing machines do NOT hesitate! Someday I would love to get up to New York City to see them perform at their home stage but believe me Pittsburgh's production was spectacular.

If I had to choose a favorite scene it would have to be the wooden soldiers. I can't even imagine how many hours of rehearsals these girls go through to get it just right. Everyone is in unison and they have to be all stiff like soldiers and then fall into eachother, it is just great! I felt like a little kid again and I guess that's what Christmas is all about!













5 comments:

  1. I was a Rockette once.

    I was! Really!

    In my dreams. Does that count?

    Glad you saw the show and it got you in the Christmas spirit. The other stuff I'll just leave alone {wink}. My two sisters, their husbands, and Larry and I are going to NYC next December and we will make sure to take in the Rockettes while we are there. Thanks for the endorsement!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost believed you there for a minute! I was so gonna stalk you, but I guess I'll put that off! I am jealous that you'll be seeing them in New York; that's just too cool! Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have no idea how this brought back so many memories for me!!!!

    I totally forgot about the wooden soldiers number they do - isn't it spectacular??

    Just seeing these photos got me all excited!!!

    And it's so true, isn't it? Seeing this makes you feel like a little kid again!

    And you're right....that's what Christmas is all about!

    So glad to hear you had a GREAT time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome that you had a such a good time. (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really glad that you had such a fantastic time brndout! :o) It sounds like something I would really enjoy!

    ReplyDelete